Here is a short and sweet 🍭 (literally) recipe for you! 3 Ingredients!!!! Dates are typically dried fruit sold in your local grocery store. They are believed to help stimulate contractions during pregnancy. It is highly advised to eat dates throughout your second and third trimester, especially from 34 Weeks and on. Ask your health provider if you possibly a high-risk pregnancy. During this time 6 Dates a day would be fantastic for you and your body (Dates have natural sugars that are healthy for you)!
If you are like me, you might try Dates and want to spit them out of your mouth immediately. 🤭 I compare them to huge, inedible raisins. Let that sink in… your tummy that is.
SO.. here is a quick “how to” make Dates Bars that are served well with a fresh peach. 🍑 Yes I am a southern girl if you were wondering!
- Pecans (we always have hand picked pecans on hand) either chopped or whole
- Dark Chocolate (the healthier choice of chocolates) either in morels or bars
- Dates either chopped or whole
- Chop up the dates. (I used the whole bag)
- Chop up the pecans. (I used 1 and 1/2 cup)
- Place the pecans in the bottom of a container. (I used a 8 by 8 square dish)
- Spread the dates over the pecans.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave. (or stove top)
- Pour the dark chocolate on top.
- Place your container in the fridge for 30 minutes (or freezer for 10) and cut your bars to the size you want.
I kept my bars in a plastic bag (flat) in the freezer. I enjoyed them in the hot summer that way!
There you have it! Did you try Dates during your pregnancy? Do you plan on trying them the next go-around? They are pretty great for your body during pregnancy and after (or before)! I think I will make me some Dates Bars soon! 🍫