This recipe is more of a pantry recipe instead of an “easy” recipe. Believe me I enjoy quick and easy dinner recipes and if I could have them every night I would. Every. Single. Meal.
But – there are times when I need to use up items in my pantry or fridge that are going out of date. So when I looked in my fridge today, I noticed two stalks of fresh broccoli that had not been used but needed to be ASAP. Hence… Chicken Broccoli Casserole.
Please keep in mind I modify, substitute, and make do with what I have on hand for recipes. If you need to leave things out – leave it out! You can still make your meal!
Set out to prepare this dinner in 2 hours (hopefully less time the more often you prepare it!)
I used a 9 by 13 casserole dish, a large pot, two small/medium size pots, cutting board, and large bowl.
You will need:
- Shredded cooked chicken (4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts)
- A medium stalk of broccoli cut up in small bits🥦
- 2 cups cooked rice (instant or regular)
- 1 can (10 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 + 1/2 cups grated cheese